Where can I find information on the negative affects technology has on communication?
Thank you for your question about the negative effects technology has on communication.
In order to find sources, you may need to:
- Narrow down to a specific type of technology and then address the negatives of this type.
- For example, do you mean twitter, facebook, texting or some other type of technology?
- Then, once you have a type of technology, it would be easier to narrow down to the negative aspects.
- For example, if you choose texting you could look for information about teens sexting, texting being preferred over in-person communication, texting and spelling/grammar usage, texting while driving, etc.
Whatever you decide, to find information:
- Start at the Online Resources page.
- Look under the General/Interdisciplinary category.
- Search in a database such as Academic OneFile.
- Off-campus, you will need your library card number from the back of your ID Card to read the articles.
If you need additional assistance, please contact your Campus Librarian. Thank you for using ASK US.