APA Question: How do I set up the header for my TITLE PAGE?
I am using Microsoft Word.
Last Updated: Dec 02, 2014 | 6744 Views
Was this helpful? 23 1
To set up the header on the title page of your paper:
- Click on the Insert tab.
- Click on Header
- Choose Blank (Three Column)
- Check the box next to "Different First Page"
- Change Font to Times New Roman 12 pt
- Type "Running head: ABBREVIATED TITLE" on the left. Replace ABBREVIATED TITLE with your actual abbreviated title.
- Press the "tab" key twice so that your curser is now on the right side of the page.
To set the page numbers:
- Position the curser on the left side of the page (follow instructions above)
- Click on Page Number
- Choose Current Position
- Choose Simple / Plain Number
Additional instructions are available for How do I adjust the header for the BODY of my paper?