How can I request a book from a non-Baker library so that I can have access to it at my Baker College campus library?
If you would like to request a book from a non-Baker library, then you will need to access the MeL (Michigan eLibrary) Book Catalog at http://www.mel.org. MeL will allow you access to public and other academic libraries in the state of Michigan. Please be advised that the process of requesting and receiving a book from MeL can take up to a couple of weeks, depending on where it is being shipped from.
NOTE: THIS SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE STUDENTS. If you are an online student, you may be able to request books throug MeL to be picked up at your local public library.
From the MeL Catalog:
- Search for the book you want by title, keyword, or author.
- Click on the title of the book that you want, this will take you to the book's record.
- Click on "Get this from MeLCat."
- It will ask you which library card/account you would like to use, select "Baker College" and click the Submit button.
- Type in your name as it appears on your ID card.
- Enter the 14-digit Library card number on your Baker photo ID.
- Select your campus as your pick-up location.
- Click Submit.
- You should see a screen telling you which library your book will be coming from.
If you need further assistance, please contact your campus library.