I am an online student. I have trouble finding articles on the database. Can someone walk me through the process?
Last Updated: Mar 05, 2015 | 175 Views
Topics: Library FAQ
Was this helpful? 0 0
- At the Online Resources page, locate the subject/topic category and choose a database.
- Login with your library (barcode) number: 23504.... (You can get it from SOLAR: Login - Contact Information - Account Information)
- Database will normally open with the Basic Search option.
- Type your topic keywords. Choose limit option Full-text, if it is not already selected. Click search.
- Go over the results list, and click on the article title that seems interesting. This will bring the full-article up on the screen.
- Give a quick glance. If you feel that the article may suit your research needs, take a look at the Subjects listed. Searching by this subject would give more articles closer to your topic. The subjects list may also give clues to modifying or narrowing down the topic.
- Use the print option in the database to get the article displayed in a printer-friendly format, and then use the browser printer to print article.
Need more help? Send an e-mail to email@example.com giving your phone number. We could call you at a time convenient to you and take care of it.