How do I find a peer reviewed article?
Start at the Library's Online Resources page and select a subject category.
When you select a database, such as Academic One File, be sure to select Advanced and then check the box that says:
- Peer-reviewed journals or
Peer Reviewed articles usually have the following:
- long with structured sections, abstract as well as results
- in-text citations shown appropriately
- contains a bibliography
- contains statistical data, and/or graphs and charts
- shows author affiliation and contact information
- no images or photographs, except when relevant to the study
- indicates the number of times the article has been cited (used) by other scholars
Thank you for using ASK US. For more information contact your campus librarians.