I am doing a documented essay on the advantages of social media in the workplace. Can you help me get information that I can use in my essay?
If you are looking for information on social media in the workplace you can try the keywords below--combine words and phrases with AND. For example: Twitter AND employers.
- Online social networks
- Employ* (using the asterisk will find employment, employers, & employees) -- In the book catalog, use Employ$
- Specific social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
Note: Words like "advantages" and "benefits" often do not help your search. Try a more general search such as Online social networks AND employment and you will get articles that give both positive and negative aspects, but you can browse through your results for relevant articles.
For articles, check the databases below. To get to the Find Articles and Databases page, start at the Library Home Page and click on Business. If you are off-campus you will need to use your 14 digit Library Number, which can be found on your ID Card or your Contact Information page in SOLAR.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (This is an e-book database, but has lots of good stuff on social media.)
- ABI/INFORM is now Proquest Business Collection
- Computer Database (InfoTrac) (Computers/Technology category)
For more resources, check out the ENG 091 Research Guide.
Thank you for using ASK US. For more information contact your campus librarians.