How do you format a question and answer in APA?
Thank you for your question regarding writing questions and answers in APA format. Here's how:
- Begin your question on a new line and typing an Arabic numeral 1 followed by a period.
- Type the discussion question in Times New Roman font, 12 point size.
- Use double spacing and one inch margins.
- Separate your answer from the question by beginning your answer on a new line.
- Continue to use the same formatting for fonts and spacing that you used for your question.
Continue your list of questions in APA style on a new line and by typing an Arabic numeral 2 followed by a period. Align the number 2 immediately under the 1.
Here is an example of a question and answer in APA format:
1. What year was slavery abolished in America?
Slavery was officially abolished in the United States in 1865, although many states abolished slavery for themselves at
various dates between 1777 and 1864.
Thank you for using ASK US. For more information contact your campus librarians.