I am a new online student. Do I have access to the actual library along with the ebook library? How would I request a book?
As a Baker Online student, you have access to the library's physical book collection as well as all of Baker College's online resources. This means you have the ability to request that books be shipped to your address. NOTE: Baker College does not offer this service to International or Overseas addresses.
To request a book be shipped to you, follow these instructions:
- Access the Book catalog: http://catalog.baker.bywatersolutions.com/
- Search and click on the title of the book you need.
- Click on Place Hold.
- Type your UIN in the first box and your library number in the second box.
- Choose Baker Online for Pickup at option.
Book will be sent to the Online campus. Then will get shipped to your home address.
- In the Expiration Date box, enter the date until when you can wait for the book.
NOTE: It will take 7-10 days for you to receive the book.
- Click Place Hold to Submit request.
- Review details at the Confirmation Page and click OK to return to search screen.
- You may check the status of your request by going into My Account in the book catalog.
This information is also detailed in the Online/Grad Library Services Guide. The Policies & Procedures tab details Baker College's book lending policies for Baker Online students. You can find your library card number with your contact information in SOLAR. Also, make sure that your address is up to date in SOLAR so your books can be shipped to you successfully.
Additionally, you are welcome to visit any Baker College Campus Library near where you live to check out or return books.
Thank you for using ASK US. For additional information, contact the Online Library.