How many spaces after a period?
Last Updated: Apr 27, 2017 | 938 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
There are 2 different opinions about how many spaces go after a period.
- How many spaces go after a period is a style choice, but one space is a widely accepted and logical style.
- The Chicago Manual of Style and the Modern Language Association (MLA) both recommend using one space after a period at the end of a sentence.
Just to make things interesting, though, the Purdue Owl says:
- APA suggests using two spaces after periods ending sentences to aid readability.
- Ultimately, your Instructor may have a preference on one space or two, and he/she will be the one reading your paper.
- Remain consistent throughout the paper, whichever style you choose.
Thank you for using ASK US. For personalized help, contact your Campus Library/ARC.