How do I indent my references in Microsoft Word?
Last Updated: Feb 28, 2015 | 28259 Views
Was this helpful? 98 7
To create a hanging indent on your References page to comply with APA format, first select the text you want to format.
- Then, on the Home tab, click on the arrow in the lower right hand corner of the Paragraph section of the Ribbon.
- In the Indentation section of the Dialog box, use the drop down menu under Special to choose Hanging Indent.
- Click OK.
You can also create a hanging indent manually by,
- clicking on the View tab and checking the Ruler box on the Show section of the Ribbon.
- Once the ruler is displayed, click and drag the bottom of the indent slider over to .5"
- and if it's not already there, click and drag the top portion of the indent slider back to the left margin marker.
Thank you for using ASK US. Please contact us again if you have more questions.