How do I indent my references in Microsoft Word?
Last Updated: Feb 03, 2016 | 51180 Views
Was this helpful? 150 14
To create a hanging indent on your References page to comply with APA,
- Highlight with your cursor your Reference list.
- Then, on the Home tab, click on the arrow in the lower right hand corner of the Paragraph section of the Ribbon.
- In the Indentation section of the box, use the drop down menu under Special to choose Hanging.
- Click OK. (See image below).
You can also create a hanging indent manually:
- Clicking on the View tab and checking the Ruler box on the Show section of the Ribbon.
- Highlight your References with your cursor.
- Once the ruler is displayed, click and drag the bottom of the indent slider over to .5"
- and if it's not already there, click and drag the top portion of the indent slider back to the left margin marker.
For Word 2010 & 2013:
Thank you for using ASK US. Please contact us again if you have more questions.