Q. How do I find literary analysis essay topics?
Depending on what guidelines the instructor has given for the essay, here are ways to select a topic.
- Choose a literary work which interests you.
- Read it thoroughly, paying close attention to the plot, themes, symbolism, style and historical and geographical context.
Create a thesis statement for your paper. Make sure:
- It is arguable (not immediately evident from the text).
- You can support it with several pieces of evidence from the text.
- You can give your evidence in the number of pages your instructor has assigned.
If you need articles, check out databases from the English section on the Online Resources.
Thank you for using ASK US. For more information contact your campus librarians.