Q. When you place a book on hold from home, do you go look for the book or do you go to the front desk?
The answer to the question of how to pick up an item placed on hold from the Book Catalog is that it depends on timing.
If you placed a hold on an item that is currently available at your campus, then it is a matter of timing.
- Holds are usually pulled from the shelves in the morning.
- If you placed a hold on the book yesterday, it is likely that the book will be waiting for you at the desk.
- You can always call your Campus Library to confirm.
If you placed a hold on a book that is coming from another Baker campus or is currently checked out:
- The library will send an email when the item arrives.
- You can pick it up at the desk.
For more information, please contact your Campus Librarian. Thank you for using ASK US.