Q. What does E-Journals (or E-Journals A-Z) mean and where can I find it? Can I use it to find full-text of an article?


*(Note: if this is a question on your homework about Barclay's Economic Review, you should follow the instructions listed below to find the answer to your homework question.)

Here are the instructions on how to find out if we own "full-text" of a publication and/or the dates we own that publication. Also, you can access the publication issues we own by following these steps.

E Journals A to Z is a searchable database that indexes all of the magazines, newspapers, and journals that Baker owns access to. You will find a link to this database at the top of the library's Online Resources page (accessible from the Library's home page by clicking on "Find Articles and Databases").

Once you are in E Journals A to Z, You will be able to search to determine if Baker owns full text access to a particular journal, magazine, or newspaper. In the search box, type the name of the Publication you are searching for, NOT the title of the article.  (For example, you would type "New York Times", "Detroit Free Press", or "Barclay's Economic Review") Then run the search.

The results list will tell you if Baker owns access to the publication.

Underneath the Publication Title, you will see how many (if any) databases Baker owns that content in. The name of the database will be a link, and after the link will be the dates which there is full text for that particular publication title.

You want to make sure that the article you are looking for falls within the dates listed. If it does not for any of the databases, then Baker does not own full text access to that particular publication. If it does, then click on the database link for the correct dates and correct publication.

Clicking the link will take you directly to where the full text of that publication is on the selected database; from there you can search for the article you want.

*If the only link under your title is for the "Baker Print Collection", then at least one Baker campus owns the physical copy of that magazine, journal, or newspaper. You would then want to contact your campus librarian to determine how you can get a copy.

If you have additional questions, please contact your campus librarian. Thank you for using ASK US.

  • Last Updated Jan 30, 2018
  • Views 1001
  • Answered By Baker Librarians

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0

We'll answer you within 3 hours M - F 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.

Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.