Q. How do I form a research question?
Here are some preliminary steps to a research question:
- First, choose a broad topic of interest.
- Next, find some background information to narrow and focus the topic.
- Search Gale Virtual Reference Library to find more information on the topic.
- To find a book or e-book, search the Book Catalog.
Here's an example of how to form a research question:
- Broad topic: Medical marijuana
- Narrower topic: Medicinal benefits of marijuana
- Research question: What are the medicinal benefits of marijuana?
- Keywords: Medical marijuana and benefits
- Thesis statement: Marijuana has multiple benefits when used for medicinal purposes including pain relief, relief from nausea caused by chemotherapy, and relief from pressure caused by glaucoma.
If you need additional help forming a research question, contact your Campus Library/ARC.
Was this helpful? 4 1