Q. How can I make a footnote stay on one page and not go onto the next page?
To insert a footnote into your document:
- Click on References.
- Then click Insert Footnote.
- It will create a numbered list of footnotes in the bottom margin of the page. Type your footnote here.
To keep the footnote together, try the following steps:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+S to display the Apply Styles pane.
- Footnote Text
- Click the Modify button.
- In the Modify Style dialog, click Format, and then click Paragraph.
- You’ll find “Keep lines together” on the Line and Page Breaks tab.
Thank you for using ASK US. For additional assistance, please contact your Campus Librarians.
Was this helpful? 13 43
- I need to know how to keep a footnote I've just entered from continuing onto the bottom of the next page. The beginning of the footnote stays on the page where the reference number is. However, the last sentence and a half have spilled over to another page. Other pages have suggested this is a known bug in MS Word. Haven't they fixed this by now? Thank you for your help.
- Hope this helps, experiencing the same issue.