Q. How do I cite a website in text?
To see examples of citing a website in-text visit the APA Help guide.
The citation format will depend on whether or not you are able to determine the website's author. If it is a company or organization website, use the name of the company or organization as your author.
To cite a website with an author:
- Refer to the author and year in your in-text citation.
- This may be done at the end of a paraphrase with the information in parentheses.
- Example: (Smith, 2016).
If you use a direct quote from the website:
- Refer to the paragraph in which you found the information.
- Example: (Smith, 2016, para. 3).
- Remember to put the quote in quotation marks.
If there is no author:
- Use the title of the website in quotation marks in your in-text citation.
- Example: ("Community Health," 2016).
For more examples, visit the APA Help guide.