Q. Our teacher has posted questions that need to be answered in APA format. Do we re-type the question above the answer?
Here's how to format questions and answers in APA format:
- Begin your question on a new line and type number 1 followed by a period.
- Type the discussion question in Times New Roman font, 12 point size.
- Use double spacing and one inch margins.
- Separate your answer from the question by beginning your answer on a new line.
- Continue to use the same formatting for fonts and spacing that you used for your question.
Continue the list of questions on a new line and type number 2 followed by a period. Align the number 2 under the 1.
Example question and answer in APA format:
1. What year was slavery abolished in America?
Slavery was officially abolished in the United States in 1865, although many states abolished slavery for themselves at various dates between 1777 and 1864.
Thank you for using ASK US. For more information contact your campus librarians.