Q. Why is scholarly information insisted on for a research paper?
Thank you for the question about scholarly information.
Scholarly Information (from databases) is considered to be:
- Written by someone knowledgeable in the subject.
Why use scholarly information?
- It is considered to be quality information, and therefore it improves the quality of the student's paper.
- As savvy researchers know, anyone can write just about anything in articles posted on the internet.
- Students should check the truth of conclusions of information from the internet.
- Likewise, articles from popular magazines provide information and opinions, but are not required to document evidence that either supports or negates their conclusions.
- Scholarly journal articles, unlike websites or popular magazine articles, are designed and structured to provide the elements necessary to most thoroughly evaluate the validity and truth of an author's position.
Thank you for using ASK US. Contact the Campus Library/ARC for help locating scholarly sources.
Was this helpful? 1 0