Q. What are trade publications? Are these considered scholarly resources?
Could these be used in place of a peer-reviewed publication?
Here's an overview of trade publications:
- They contain practical information for a specific industry.
- Trade publications have technical reports and industry data.
- The target audience is members of the respective profession, industry or business.
- The nature of writing is technical and may or may not be viewed useful for academic purposes.
- Some trade publications ARE peer-reviewed.
- For this reason, instructors may accept articles from trade journals as substitutes for scholarly or peer-reviewed articles.
- Check with the instructor ahead of time to see if it will be accepted in the place of scholarly or peer-reviewed material.
Contact your campus librarians if you need further help with this question.
Was this helpful? 0 0