Q. What is Turnitin? What is it used for?
Turntin is a product used by academic institutions to check originality in assignments and research papers. Ask your Instructor if there is an account for your class on the website.
Directions for use:
- Student will submit their paper at the Turnitin site.
- Student creates an account and then submits their paper to the class ID supplied by their Instructor.
- Turnitin will compare the paper with Internet documents, database citations, and other documents already submitted to Turnitin.
- An Originality Report will indicate the percentage of similarity with other items checked.
- When this link is activated, the submitted paper will open with the similarities with other papers clearly marked.
- Depending upon the set-up, there may be a chance to revise the paper to reduce similarities, creating a more original work.
Thank you for using ASK US. For personalized help with your paper, contact your Campus Library/ARC.