Q. Can I request a book from another Baker College library?
Yes. To request a book from another campus:
- Go to the Book Catalog.
- Search for the title you need.
- Click Place Hold.
- Login with your UIN as the Login and 14-digit Library Card Number as the Password (both numbers can be found on your Baker College ID).
- Choose pick-up location (Your Campus).
If you have problems placing a hold on a book, contact your campus library.
Baker students may also use the MeL system to request books from other libraries in the state of Michigan. MeL will allow you access to public and other academic libraries in the state of Michigan. Please be advised that the process of requesting and recieving a book from MeL can take up to a couple of weeks, depending on where it is being shipped from. NOTE: THIS SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE STUDENTS.
From the MeL Catalog:
- Search for the book you want by title, keyword, or author.
- Click on the title of the book that you want, this will take you to the book's record.
- If there is at least one copy with status Available, then click on Get this from MeLCat.
- It will ask you which library card/account you would like to use, select Baker College and click the Submit button.
- Type in your name as it appears on your ID card.
- Enter the 14-digit Library Card # on your Baker ID.
- Select your campus as your pick-up location.
- Click Submit.
- You should see a screen telling you which library will be sending the book.
If you need further assistance, please contact your campus library.