Q. In APA format, how does one paraphase information from an outside source in your own words
How to paraphrase:
- Change the wording of the information significantly from the wording in the text.
- Switching one or two words per sentence is not enough.
- Summarize the information in your own voice, rather than using the author's style of writing.
- Otherwise, you might as well use a quote rather than paraphrase the author's ideas.
To learn how to cite the paraphrase:
- Visit the APA Help guide.
Thank you for using ASK US. If you need further assistance, contact the campus librarian.
Was this helpful? 0 0