Q. Can you please tell me how to find the following: scholarly books and articles.
To find books or e-books, search the Book Catalog.
To find a scholarly article:
- Go to the Online Resources.
- Choose a subject category that matches your topic.
- Choose a database.
Note: Look for ProQuest or EBSCO, which have an option to limit your search to scholarly articles.
- Log in with your Library Card number (from the back of your Baker College student ID).
- Enter your keywords.
- Find the check box labeled peer-reviewed, which sometimes is under Advanced search.
- All the articles you find this way will be considered scholarly.
IMPORTANT: Stay away from Editorials, Letters to the Editor, Book Reviews and similar items. THESE ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE SOURCES FOR A RESEARCH PAPER, EVEN IF THEY ARE FROM A SCHOLARLY JOURNAL.