Q. How do I go about finding scholarly resources?
Here are step-by-step instructions for finding a scholarly article:
- Start at the Online Resources.
- Click on a subject area that matches the topic.
- Select one of the databases.
- Log in with library card number (On the back of student ID).
- Enter keywords.
- Check the box labeled peer-reviewed, which is sometimes under Advanced Search.
- These are considered scholarly articles.
IMPORTANT: Stay away from Editorials, Letters to the Editor, Book Reviews and similar items. THESE ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE SOURCES FOR A RESEARCH PAPER, EVEN IF THEY ARE FROM A SCHOLARLY JOURNAL.
To find scholarly books or e-books, check the Online Catalog.
Scholarly books will:
- List an author's credentials or education.
- Include in-text reference citations and a bibliography of sources.
Thank you for using ASK US! If you need further assistance, contact your campus librarian.