Q. How can I make a footnote stay on one page and keep the lines together?
To insert a footnote into your document:
- Click on References.
- Then click Insert Footnote.
To keep the footnote together in Word:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+S to Apply Styles.
- Footnote Text.
- Click Modify.
- Click Format.
- Select Paragraph.
- Under Line and Page Breaks tab.
- Check box by Keep lines together.
- Click OK.
Thank you for using ASK US. For additional assistance, contact the Campus Librarians.
Was this helpful? 40 95
- Just FYI, I'm on Mac Word and this does not work.
- Thank you for your comment. I tested it on Word and it did work, but that was not a Mac.
- I got it. It worked. Cheers.
- Thank you. It worked for me.