Q. I need to find information on a specific case, 1979 New York Prison Strike.

When I try to use the advanced search features I am getting all articles with any of the words in my search. How do I get just the information I am looking for?


Thank you for the question.  It appears that the specific legal case about the striking workers was called:

Engblom v. Carey

For the actual case, check the database below. Start at the Online Resources page and click on Legal. If you are off-campus, you will need to use your 14 digit Library Number, which can be found on your ID Card or on the Login Assistance page in MyBaker.

Legal databases:

Click the box for Look Up a Legal Case: In the by Parties section, type Engblom and Carey in the two boxes.

Thank you for using ASK US.  For more information, contact your campus Academic Resource Center.


  • Last Updated Feb 21, 2018
  • Views 148
  • Answered By Baker Librarians

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0

We'll answer you within 3 hours M - F 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.

Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.