Q. How would I cite the 2nd Amendment to the U.S constitution?
To cite an amendment to the U.S. Constitution (according to the APA Style blog):
- All citations of the U.S. Constitution begin with U.S. Const., followed by the article, amendment, section, and/or clause numbers as relevant.
- Use Roman numerals for the amendment number.
- In text: Women gained the right to vote in 1920 (U.S. Const. amend. XIX).
- References page: U.S. Const. amend. XIX. Retrieved from...
2nd Amendment Examples:
- In text: The second amendment about bearing arms was ratified in 1791 (U.S. Const. amend. II).
- References page: U.S. Const. amend. II. Retrieved from...
Cite where you located the amendment. See the APA Help guide for examples.
Thank you for using Ask Us. For further assistance, contact your Campus Library/ARC.