Q. How do you cite the same author, same journal article in different parts of the paper?
If you use a citation from the same author more than once:
- It should appear the same, with no modifications (except possibly the page number).
- They all refer to same resource on your References page.
- On page 3 there's a citation for Kavanagh (2000).
- On page 4 there's another reference to Kavanagh.
- The only difference is that page 3 is a quote and page 4 is a paraphrase.
Thank you for using ASK US. For further assistance contact your Campus Librarians.
Was this helpful? 2 0