Personal communication, such as interviews:
- Includes memos, emails, phone conversations, etc.
- Because they do not provide recoverable data, personal communications are not included on the References Page.
- Cite personal communications in text only.
- Give the initials as well as the surname of the communicator and the date.
According to an interview with Professor K.A. West (personal communication, August 3, 2019) ...
To see an example of citing an interview visit the APA Help guide.
- Click on References and In-text Citation Examples
- Click on Other
- Click on Personal Communication (which includes interviews and e-mail)
If you need additional help, contact a campus librarian. Thank you for using ASK US.