Q. Our teacher has posted questions that need to be answered in APA format. Do we re-type the question above the answer?
To format questions and answers in APA format:
- Begin the question on a new line and type number 1 followed by a period.
- Type the discussion question in Times New Roman font, 12 point size.
- Use double spacing and one inch margins.
- Separate the answer from the question by beginning the answer on a new line.
- Continue to use the same format for fonts and spacing for the whole document.
- Continue the list of questions on a new line and align the number 2 under the 1.
If the Instructor has specific instructions about bold type, follow their preference, but APA does not require it.
Example in APA format:
1. What year was slavery abolished in America?
Slavery was officially abolished in the United States in 1865, although many states abolished slavery for themselves at various dates between 1777 and 1864.
Thank you for using ASK US. For more information contact the campus librarians.