Q. What are the similarities and differences between the CARRDSS and BASIC forms?
CARRDSS and BASIC are both methods for evaluating sources for research projects.
After reading the information below, look for ways that are alike and aspects they do not have in common.
- C redibility: Who is the author? What are his or her credentials?
- A ccuracy: Can the information be verified in other sources?
- R eliability: Does the source present a bias or point of view?
- R elevance: Does the information support my hypothesis or answer my question?
- D ate: When was this information created or last revised?
- S ources: Are credible, reliable sources used by the author?
- S cope: Is the information comprehensive or scholarly?
BASIC is designed to evaluate websites for:
Thank you for using ASK US. Contact the Campus Librarians for further assistance.