Q. How do I create and edit a portfolio I created in Blackboard?
To create a portfolio:
Here is a great, step-by-step instructional video on how to create and build a portfolio in Blackboard: Creating Portfolios in Blackboard.
- First you will populate the My Artifacts with the necessary documents.
- Then you build the profile by adding those artifacts (documents).
There will also be a number of similar videos to the right of video, but if please let us know if you have any questions that come up during the process.
To edit a portfolio:
- First, for this example, make sure you have a Word file saved to your Desktop.
- If you have already created a portfolio, you can easily edit it by going to the My Files tab. Under Jump to... click on My Porfolios. Hover over your portfolio name and a drop-down arrow will appear. Click on it and select Edit.
- Next, click on Build the Portfolio.
- Click on Create New Artifact.
- A new box will open. Type the Word document's file name in the Name box. Then scroll to the bottom and under the message box, it will say Attach File: click Browse My Computer and find the file on your Desktop. Click Submit.
- If you want your portfolio to have additional tabs, again under Build the Portfolio click on Create Page near the top.
- Give the new page a name, then follow the steps above to add a Word document under that tab.
- Click Submit
Blackboard's portfolios are equipped to handle numerous pages/tabs, each with as many artifacts per page as you would like.
To complete your portfolio click Submit (it's quicker than clicking Save & Continue)
Then click on View Portfolio to see the changes.
Thank you for using ASK US. For further assistance contact your Campus Library/ARC.