Q. I have the same Author and Date for 2 different sources, how do I cite them in-text?
In APA, if you have the same author and the same date for two different sources:
- Add a letter to the year.
- The letter corresponds to the order they are on the Reference page.
- They will go in alphabetical order on the Reference page by the title of the source.
Mastin, L. (2018a). Ancient Greece Homer. Classical Literature. Retrieved from website address.
Mastin, L. (2018b). Timeline. Classical Literature. Retrieved from website address.
Ancient Greece information will be (Mastin, 2018a)
Timeline information will be (Mastin, 2018b).
Here's an online article about this:
- How to Cite Multiple Works by the Same Author.
- The example they use is for two book entries, but the principle and the answer is the same as for two websites.
Find other information on the APA Help guide.
Thank you for using ASK US. Please contact your Campus Library/ARC, if you need additional assistance.
- If there is no date, does it look like this?
- Yes, if you use two articles by the same author and both articles do not have a date, then the example you provided is correct.
Please let us know if you have any further questions!